Monday, November 16, 2009

New Addition



We have been dog-less for almost 2 years. For the past 6 months it has become obvious that we NEED a dog. Or maybe just I need a dog.

So I've been looking for a dog that will fit in with our lifestyle. In other words small enough to ride on the motorcycle. Our friends have a shih-poo and I came to really like the dog's behavior (and it certainly didn't hurt that she REALLY likes us).

Yesterday there was an classified ad. in the Sacramento Bee for a shih-poo puppy. Fortunately (or not) they had not sold all of them. Today I drove to Sacramento and my friend Jo joined me to go look at the puppy.



It was easy to decide she was the right one. She was calm, even with strangers. She also has one of those "poor me" faces.

In the past 9 hours she has pooped in the car, barfed in the car, eaten lots of puppy food, found the other dog in the mirror, had some beer (which she did not like) and explored the house and the driveway.

A little whiny, but generally pretty quiet! Can't wait for lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment